Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Roadbuster and Breakdown Custom (work in progress)

Currently, I am working on two different customs. One of the customs would be Roadbuster. For all those who don't know who Roadbuster is, he is an autobot part of a group called the "Wreckers". I don't know  a lot of details about this autobot, but I first saw him in IDW's comic book "All Hail Megatron" Volume One. He was part of Kup's crew that met up with the autobots that seem stranded and broken on Cybertron. I haven't really seen him in action, and I do know he is in the comic "The Last Stand of the Wreckers", which I haven't read yet.



He also appeared in the third live-action Transformers movie, "Transformers: Dark of the Moon". In this movie however, he appeared as a Green Nascar. I don't know much details about Nascar, so probably won't be able to talk much.

Movie Roadbuster

As for my custom, I plan to make him look more like his comic version. In order to do so, I decided to use a previous toy, Iron Man 4x4 Crossover. I feel his alt mode best fits Roadbuster. I plan to create a new head for him as well.


As for my second custom, it will be Breakdown. He is a decepticon part of a team called the "Stunticons". What is special about this team is that they can combine into a bigger robot called Menasor. I never realized what an interesting team they are, so I decided to make a figure for each, or at least ones without a figure.



Dragstrip was released as a repaint of Mirage, so I wouldn't need to create a custom of him. So far, I've completed Deadend using "Reveal the Shield Special Ops Jazz" and Wildrider using "Generations Blurr". In the future when i finish up Breakdown, I plan to buy a Knock-Off Classics Nemesis Prime to create Motormaster, the leader of the stunticons. The reason for using a knock-off is because the current value of a "Classics Nemesis Prime" is over $50, which I don't plan on spending to create a custom.



Now back to Breakdown. I plan to create him using "Generations Red Alert" since Classics Sideswipe and Universe Sunstreaker cost more than retail price (over $30...) currently, and also because I got Red Alert for $6 from Toys R Us.


1 comment: